Monday, July 11, 2005

Waiting Game

When I was doing chemotherapy, my chief complaint is the hyperacidity and the fatigue. Now I'm doing radiotherapy, my chief complaint would be the time (and money) spent waiting for my turn at radiation.

For 5 days a week, I would drive to St. Luke's, get a parking space (which is no mean feat at St. Luke's), get a number, get in line and begin the LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG wait. If I'm lucky, I'd only wait for 2 hours, but average waiting time is 3 hours. I have thought of going back to the office while waiting for my turn, but the thought of getting a parking space again always stop me.

I got a book with me at the start of my radiotherapy. I find this book a very difficult read, the plot does not hold my interest, but I bravely (or stupidly) read on. Today, while reading and falling asleep (right after drinking a cup of coffee at that!) during the 4 hour wait, I managed to finish the book. That was a tough one.

Patience, thy name is (turning into) Vangie.

No comments: