Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Daddy

Papa's in town. He's attending some activities of the Filipino Chinese Amity Club. He went to Subic last Friday and got back Sunday. Olive and I went to see him Sunday afternoon.

Papa's quite happy to see us. I removed my hat upon entering his room so that he can see that my hair's growing. At first he just smiled and looked quite happy to see my growing hair. I think this is a big turnabout from the shock he got the last time he saw me in his hospital room. Hehehe...

A bit later, Papa took a good look at me and we saw that he's holding back tears - I'd like to think that these are tears of joy, tears of thanksgiving. I quickly assured him that all's going to be well. He then, as his habit when we were kids, took a deep breath from my head, inhaling the smell of my head. I think to Papa, my growing hair is the ultimate sign that I am healing, that I am getting better everyday. I think there is no more a frightening/painful thought to a parent than that of the possibilty of having their child pass from this world before them.

2 comments:

olive said...

u know, there was a little pinch on my chest when i first started to see u have started to grow back your hair. not because i don't have that smells-like-bread game with your scalp anymore. hehehe. more because i realized how much you went through.

Anonymous said...

May Hair Na!!! Yahoo!!!

See you soon ate Vange!!!

Olib, Protien-enriched na pala yung bread mo... di na pwede dilaan baka mapanis... hehehe...