Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Politics

Politics? I have always hate it. There are 2 things that I try to avoid talking about - politics and religion. For the obvious reasons - either you end up in fisticuffs with the other party, or it's a never ending debate that goes on and on and on and on and on that end up in fisticuffs.

No matter how hard I've tried to ignore the going ons in the Philippine politics the past month, I can't help but be aware of it. It's one scandal after another that besiege the incumbent president - jueteng, then the Gloriagate tapes. And now, it's the issue of having the president stay or resign or have her impeached.

To an ordinary citizen of this country, it's all one big circus. With everyone having his/her own opinion of the political events, and everyone offering a "solution" to the problem/s, it's a wonder that this country still exist.

I deal with my own stuff everyday, perhaps it is the very reason that most of the time, my perception of the country's political situation is so surreal. In the turn of the events of the past month, I can only draw one conclusion - the politician who loves the Philippines so much that that person will put the country's interest before his/her own is yet to be born. Besides, the Filipinos must learn to love their country first before this political disease can be cured once and for all.

No comments: