Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Where's the Voice?

Starting last Sturday, I woke up with sniffles. During the day, it would sometimes go away, this made me believe that it is only allergies.

Monday, the sniffles did not stop. Tuesday, my throat starts to feel scratchy, and I started coughing. By last night, I'm getting pretty miserable. I fell into an uneasy sleep, waking up every 30 minutes due to the scratchy throat and coughing. I rummaged through the medicines we have at home at found half a bottle of sore throat powder. What the heck, I'll try anything at that point, just to get some shut-eye and rest. Hey, it worked! I finally slept.

I woke up this morning with no voice. I am whispering. On the way to the office, I stopped by the drugstore and picked up some medicine. Now, my joints are aching, I must be coming down with the flu. I wonder how this will work out? I had a flu shot a couple of months back. Ponder

I tried to think what could have made the progress from sniffles to coughs and cold that fast...oh yeah, I've been spending half of my days at the hospital. Not exactly the cleanest environment.

No comments: