Thursday, July 07, 2005

Cousin and Niece

It was Virra Joy's birthday yesterday. Instead of me sending her a birthday greeting via SMS, I got one from her. It said: Ate, I am in labor now. It started at 4:30 this morning, I hope we will have the same birthday!

Oh my! The kid that I used to babysit is now giving birth to a kid herself! Where has the time gone? I feel....OLD....

I found out today that Virra gave birth to Bianca, a 6.6 (or is it 6.8?) pound baby, at 4:30 this morning! Talk about labor; Virra endured it for 24 hours! I was able to talk to her this afternoon, and she sounded tired but happy. Virra might be able to go home tomorrow but Bianca have to stay behind in the hospital for at least a week due to some infection. I assured Virra it is all for the best.

We chatted for a few more minutes, with Virra regaling me of her experience. I guess it will always be that way between us; I will always be the elder sister who she can talk to; ask questions of, even with topics that I know nothing about (like childbirth) . I'm happy for Virra.

No comments: