Friday, March 25, 2005

3rd Cycle

Last Wednesday, I had my third chemo cycle. We were at St. Luke's Hospital's Ambulatory Care Unit bright and early. Olive and I got there at 8AM, as agreed upon with my Oncologist. It turns out that the doctors hava an early morning conference.

I was able to start my chemo around 930. Since the veins on my hand are really thin, my doctor decided to stick the needle on my forearm. It was a bit difficult, but we managed to get it in. I was done by 12nn.

My white blood cells count is not as good as before. Last time, it was at 6.1 before chemo, this time, it was just 4.8. Good enough to administer the chemo, though. I was also feeling tired that day. I'm suspecting that I should have not played badminton so near my chemo sked. That plus all the excitement of seeing a lot of friends again must have taken its toll. And since my immune system is compromised these days, it probably takes longer for my body to recover from such activities. Well, doctors probably know best. Maybe this the reason why my Oncologist wanted me to finish ALL my treatments first before doing any strenuous activites!

I should listen to my doctor, she knows best. Enough of the "I know my body and its capabilities" stuff.

No comments: