Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Rude Awakening

When I was home trying to overcome the fatigue I was feeling last Monday, I received a phone call shortly before lunch. I was asleep then, so I groggily reached for my phone and answered it. It was a friend who called to say that he'll be passing his phone to one of the healing ministers of his church. I barely had the time to grunt when this booming voice came on.

I winced at the volume but bravely kept the phone to my ear. The intentions were good, least I could do is to try to listen what the person on the other end has to say. So the booming voice went on about his credentials, nothing made really much sense. Words like PGH, Cancer Institute, Lord, pray drifted in and out. I'm still trying to make sense of what's going on. Mind you, this is all in a span of less than a minute.

Then the booming voice fairly shouted into my ear, which really woke me up quite rudely! It repeated itself, and finally what was being said registered through my sleep fogged mind: YOU HAVE TO GO TO CONFESSION! A FULL CONFESSION! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD CONFESSION? I was waiting for the "huh? huh? huh?" after that but none came, so I figured the voice was quite serious.

Wait a minute! How DARE this voice wake me up and DEMAND that I go to full confession???? It didn't even asked me how I am that very minute! The nerve! I woke up from my stupor and shouted back: I NEVER WENT TO CONFESSION! AND I DON'T INTEND TO BECAUSE I'M NOT CATHOLIC! I TALK TO THE LORD DIRECTLY!

And the voice went: oh. Ok, let's pray. I said thanks to the voice after the prayer, even if I'm really pissed off. I'm not rude and I don't want to start with him.

No comments: