Monday, March 14, 2005

What A Party!

It was a great party last Friday. I get to meet around 30 people from my egroup/cancer support group.

I am left in awe of these women. There we are, a bunch of cancer survivors, some in remission, some still slugging it out, and then some who are fighting it again. I am amazed by their strength, their beliefs and their ability to embrace life. Their willingness to help other people with cancer. Theirs is not just a fight for their own life, but they include others as well. This is a bunch of women who are not seeking fame nor glory, they are just sincere in their cause of helping others who are going through terrible times because of cancer.

We all had a great time. We ate, laughed, exchanged stories, funny anecdotes and ate some more.

I started out wearing a cap, thinking that others might not want to be reminded so rudely about their condition with a bald head. But thirty minutes into the party, I was sweating like mad. When I took off my cap, my head's all shiny from sweat. I decided to leave the cap off. Well, no one minded that I was walking around bald. They know the discomfort of wearing a cap/bandanna/wig. Others can stand it, I just can't. So, I wear my bladness proud.

The party started at 5 in the afternoon, we broke up at 12:30 in the morning. Great party! And we are all sooo looking forward to the next one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aba! Aba! Aba! At nagpaparty ka na ulit ha? hehe. It's nice to see you having a good time Ate Vange! Miss you so much! hugs and kisses... lots and lots. ryan

olive said...

At di lang party...badminton pa! heeheehee...watch for her magic colorful bandannas...they have powers.