Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Undefeatable Fatigue

The past two days is just a flurry of eating and sleeping cycles. Fatigue has set in, and it seems it's here to me company for quite a while.

Yesterday, I called in sick and stayed at home; for when I woke up, I felt more tired than I was before I went to bed the other night. I was pale and listless. Everything became such a chore, answering phone, going to the bathroom, eating, talking, even smiling leaves me bone weary and tired. I don't even have the energy to whine, =) which I think is a blessing to Olive.

Today, I felt better, I woke up more energized. I even drove to work (thinking of taking a cab leaves me more exhausted than I want to be). It is almost noon and my energy level is depleting fast. No worries, I'll recharge during lunch hour.

I have to look for an exercise alternative; to help my body recover faster. I guess all the "fitness" I had during the past years are now all used up. Olive's suggesting yoga or pilates, I'm looking into skipping rope, or biking; but I guess I might just be asking too much. Or am I?

5 comments:

Promdi said...

That's the spirit! My suggestion is to have at least five of your friends to be your fitness body one day each week doing five different activities to keep you interested and not get bored easily. The activities don't have to be hardcore gym or trekking or anything like that. It can be as simple as a 3K-5K walk or wallclimbing or badminton or shopping!! What will make it more interesting would be to have a theme for each of the activity.

To start the ball rolling, I'd like to volunteer as jog/walk buddy. Venue: Baywalk stretch from Luneta to CCP or CCP to BlueWave. Basta ang last stop e fastfood para lamon pagkatapos! :-) Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Here's something i used. My mother-in-law who had cancer suggested this exercise that she did during her recuperating period. It takes 10x10 secs each. Not too strenous and it works. Keeps me going the whole day.Although I am not really terminally ill, my body feels like it sometimes. When I tried this exercise, it has kept me going since.

On the floor, hands to elbows should be flatly aligned. Legs stretched way back down, like preparing for push ups position. Lift body up to waiste level, stretching the muscles in the stomach and bottom. Count to ten, then lie flat back and rest for 5. Repeat ten times or more when possible.

Have fun & hope it works! ;)

Vanj said...

to J.

are we really going to walk? or are we going to eat? *LOL* whatever it is, i'll take you up on your offer one of these days

Vanj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks Vanj. Just email me. The address is in my blog. Better yet, wake up early morning on a Saturday. Watch us row at Manila Bay then we can have big big breakfast afterwards. :-)