Saturday, March 05, 2005

Two Down, Four to Go

I had my second chemo cycle last Thursday. Unlike the first time, my nerves weren't shot. Perhaps it's because I know now (or so I thought!) what to expect.

I went to the ambulatory unit of St. Luke's for my chemo. On the way there, I discovered I left my Philhealth form (this is in replacement of the medicare before), and my cell phone. At the hospital, I discovered I left my patient card, also forgot to bring water! Ay-yay-yay! What's happening to me? I was focused on bringing my lab results for this will determine if I should go through my treatment or not; and so i forgot the rest. Excuses! Excuses! Good thing I can blame it on the chemo! *LOL* Next time, I'll make a checklist.

I was at the hospital at 9AM. My treatment started at 10AM and lasted until 1PM. This time around, I'm wiser. I'm not going to wolf down food, nor am I going to get hungry. I had a sandwich at the hospital around 12NN. So when I got home at 2PM, I ate some crackers before getting a nap; for somehow I feel so tired. Stirred from my sleep at 4PM, tried to wake up, but I just simply can't; too tired and feeling a bit nauseous. I took my medication for nausea with a glass of water and slept again. Finally woke up at 6PM. Whew! That was cool! 6PM and still no vomiting! Wow!

After dinner, by 930, I was already falling asleep again. Good! And then I woke up 1030, in pain. I'm getting hyperacidity again. I took a couple of antacid, but I don't think it worked. It wasn't until I took one of my meds that I fell asleep again. This time I slept till morning.

All in all, it wasn't eventful. How can it be? I slept most of the day away! =)

No comments: