Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Back to Back Treat

Last Saturday, I skipped work in favor of an out of town trip with my cancer support group, i Can Serve. It was really more of a time to be away from the "normal" world and be with the people who share a sickness.

It was fun just hanging out, still swapping stories about our operations, chemo treatments, etc. Also, since it's really hot in Manila nowadays, a day at Sta. Rosa with all the breeze we can get sure is a nice change.

At the same time, the group hosted a summer outing to some 10 kids from the National Children's Hospital, all of which were afflicted with cancer. It was nice to see them enjoying the day, escaping their illness for a few hours.

Then, on Monday, a friend treated me to a foot massage and pedicure! Would love to get a whole body massage but I don't think my body's just up for it. My limbs hurts from the chemo, as do some of my scars. I just don't want to be groaning and moaning the next day because I have aggravated the pain with a massage! So, I settled for the foot massage. It was good while it lasted, now, some parts of my left leg hurt when pressed. I guess the pressure of the massage was too hard. :-p

But, the long weekend was great all in all. I had a good time.

No comments: