Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Retail Not So Therapy

Last Sunday, probably against the advise of the doctors (if they only knew), I went to Robinson's with Olive. It was a payday weekend, and the entire mall was on sale. It was extremely hot, so we popped into the mall for some "free" airconditioning.

Yeah, right!

Airconditioning's free, all right. But the stuff that beckons and winks at you are not (and the stuff really whistles and waves to you from the shelves). Since I need some clothes - read jeans, slacks, shorts, blouses and shoes or maybe I should just say outright that I need a whole new wardrobe :-p, Olive and I decided to browse around, hunt for sale items.

First stop - the Ladies' Wear section of the department store. I quickly picked up 4 pairs of jeans and a pair of slacks and head for the line at the dressing room. Olive got a couple of jeans too. When our turn finally came, Olive and I crammed into a cubicle. We just laughed our heads off at the sight of ourselves trying to squirm into the pants we picked up. All were severely undersized (of course it has to be the clothes that are undersized!). After trying on a pair, we gave up and returned all the items we got. No luck there. Let's try the shops in the mall.

On our way out, we got sidetracked by some blouses on a bargain bin. We were able to pick out some and paid for the items.

Once out, we went to Rockport since I need some shoes. I have 4 wearable pairs, all the rest are candidates for the trash. Carlson (of the Fab 5) would be horrified! I have a shoe drought! *big belly laughter* I almost bought 2 pairs but I stopped myself in time. I still have other stuff to buy. Next time. Darn budget!

After Rockport, we went to Giordano. I picked out a pair of linen pants, shorts and jeans - all of which I bought. Sheeesh! Those things are not on sale as they are new stuff. Awwww. But hey, they're so nice. I am pleased with my purchases. My bank account, however, is not. *LOL* As with all shopaholics, I felt a sense of wellness afterwards.

One lesson I learned though, the airconditioning at Robinson's is not enjoyed for free. And what I did, not so therapeutic to the pockets. I just felt a slight twinge of guilt, is all. =)

Next shopping spree: October!

No comments: