Sunday, May 01, 2005

Lights On, Lights Off

Amid all these hullabahoo about my condition, Boyd decided to act up. When I was ablout to leave the parking building, I noticed that my brake lights are on. Strange, I didn't turn on any light on my way up the parking building. I thought I might have switched it on by mistake and didn't notice what I did, being preoccupied and all.

I checked again and realised that my brake lights are shorted and would not go out. Man! What good timing! Perhaps this is happening so I'll be distracted? Talk about added stress. My mind went blank and I called up a friend (looking back, I should have called my mechanic). He knew what I was going through at that time and he volunteered to come over to the hospital to fix my brake lights. In the meantime, I was just to leave my car and go on up the clinic. Fixed the lights, he did, even just temporarily. Just so that my car battery won't drain and I can get to go home. God bless him.

Yesterday afternoon, when I got home from Sta. Rosa (had an outing with some people from the cancer support group), the guard told me that my brake lights were on since morning. Oh, no! My car battery! I tried to start the car, but just heard the battery went dead. What now, brown cow? Will think of something, TOMORROW.

Then last night, as I was preparing for bed, I switched on the light in the bathroom, nothing happened. Lights are out here, too! Hmmm...is it the dark ages for me? So, I took a bath and brushed my teeth with the lights coming from the bedroom. I did not even bother to light any candles. And then I went to bed, and had a good night's rest.

No comments: