Sunday, May 01, 2005

Emails from Friends

One reason I have this blog is to keep my good friends, who are now based all over the world, posted about my condition. How I am coping, what is happening with me, etc.

After I posted about the possibility of having a recurrence, a couple of them sent me emails. Receiving those mails have lifted me up. At the same time reminding me to keep on fighting the cancer. Thank you, guys! Your emails helped me to get it together again.

So, I screwed on my logical head and threw out the emotional one. These are the facts:
(1) The first sonogram results showed that although there was a solid mass (indicative of tumor cell), there was no calcifications indicated (calcifications of a mass usually indicates cancer cells).
(2) I'm Estrogen Receptor and Progesterone Receptor positive. This means that I should be very receptive to chemotherapy treatments.
(3) I'm HER-2/NEU negative. This means that my cancer cells are not the agressive type.
(4) The surgeon who saw me last Friday is not overly concerned and was satisfied with my operation.
(5) I'm just being paranoid!

Hmp! Of all the facts here, I do not like #5. Falling apart at the seams is not pretty. Falling apart for no good reason is even worse. Lesson learned: with this sickness, I should be more logical than emotional. Think first before jumping to conclusions. And let not my imagination run away with me. Phhhbbbbttttt! :-p Phooey to me!

No comments: