Sunday, May 15, 2005

See You!

I went back to consult with the surgeon last Friday. I was there with my mammogram and ultrasound results. At that point, I was beyond feeling any panic or nervousness - or so I would like to think. Numb - I think that's how I felt.

Since I got to the hospital with time to spare, I decided to take the stairs to the doctor's clinic. The clinic is on the 10th floor. I parked on the 4th. Six flights of stairs, can it be so bad? Up I go, one flight at a time. I finally got to the 10th floor. Man, I am out of breath, big time! I was gasping for breath. Heehee. I'm really out of shape!

While waiting for my turn, the doctor's assistant measured my arms again (to check for signs of lymphedema - swelling of arms due to poor body "waste" expulsion); they measured the same. Then, I got on the weighing scale, woh! I lost 2 pounds from the last time I was there (which was three weeks ago). Must be the effect of the stairclimbing. *grin* (Yeah, I tell myself whatever I want to justify something. )

My consultation went well. The doctor's pleased with the results. The node that sent us panicking for the past three weeks seems to be gone (the doctors, both oncologist and surgeon, can't palpate it anymore). In its stead is another node at another position, which both doctors were able to palpate. But the surgeon isn't overly concerned, more so when he found out that I have yet to finish my chemo treatment and start on the radiotherapy.

The surgeon sent me home, congratulating me for the good results. He'll see me again after my radiotherapy treatments. The thorn on my side that has been bothering me for almost a month is finally gone. I thanked him and smiled (this time, it's easy to) and said: See you!

No comments: