Friday, May 20, 2005

Upside

I've always ranted about the downside of having cancer and going through chemotherapy. Complaining and whining about this and that. With nothing much to do, I pondered on the upside of things. Here's what I come up with:

1. Baldness - gives one the luxury of taking a bath anytime (very important because of the hot weather) - without having to worry about styling one's hair afterwards; without having to hurry through shampooing because one is pressed for time; without having to worry about drying one's hair. Baldness also makes one look at self and truly see one's self in the mirror. Not to mention being able to brag that at one point in life, I lived to be bald! =)

2. Maintenance free - one is exempt from the maintenance the ladies go through periodically. I meant here the waxing, shaving and tweezing of unwanted body hair. Yeah, it's a bit expensive though; definitely NOT recommended for long term upkeep! *LOL*

3. Friendships - old ones are rekindled and new ones are forged. What more can a person ask for?

4. Pampered - I get to be pampered by family and friends. I always have people asking how I am; anything particular I want; any particular dish that I'm craving for. I always have been a simple girl with simple needs. Getting all these attention, being treated like a princess, being treated like some fragile stuff do overwhelm me. I'm cherishing these moments.

5. Live the life! - As I come to terms with my mortality, I have learned to live the life each day. If I am able to make a difference in someone's life once a week, then I considered myself truly blessed.

4 comments:

Promdi said...

That's the spirit, Vanj. That makes you more attractive. Believe me.

olive said...

first you shave your head, then you are getting tattoos...lol this thing has transformed you.

Anonymous said...

tama ka olib!!! pagkatapos ng tattoo eh mga body piercings naman.. tapos metal accessories... tapos leathers straps... tapos full-legged leather boots... hmmm... medyo kinky na ito ah... hahahaha!!!

Vanj said...

thanks, J!

oy, Onteng, magtrabaho ka, ha? kung anu-ano naman yang iniisip mo! :-p