Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Tub of Lard

I bumped into our landlord and his wife this morning inside the elevator. I haven't seen him for more than a year, but I have spoken with the lovely missus a few times this year. They knew about my illness so they asked after me.

Mrs. Landlord's kind enough to tell me that I looked good and healthy. Mr. Landlord, though, is entirely another story. When he saw me, he asked how I'm doing and then proceeded to snort (maybe not intentional since he's on oxygen) and say that I do not look sick at all. "Ang TABA nga, e" (You're so fat)

Oh, lordy! It's not yet even 8 in the morning, and I have to take this? *groan and sigh* Made me feel as attractive as a tub of lard. Should I just yanked out his oxygen tube? Isn't he quite rude? As evil thoughts raced through my mind, I just grinned and bore it and carried on the chitchat. Well, maybe the images helped. *LOL* My, my, I'm so wicked! And so early in the morning. Tit for tat? Maybe it's the "signature" of their generation, maybe some people think that with age, they can get away with anything.

Reality checked again. I really should lose some more weight after all these treatments.

1 comment:

olive said...

don't forget, tomorrow night, we bellydance. teeheeheehee...
at least that's not like mang enteng the carpenter's "ulib! antaba mo , ah!" HAHAHahahha