Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sad Day

Yesterday was a pretty sad day for me. Nope, I did not bawl my eyes out from crying but I was pretty sad enough to have me catnapping most of the day.

I received a SMS/text in the morning, informing me that one of the ladies in my support group passed away last Tuesday. I have only met this lady once in February. She was going on her last week of radiotherapy then, and was very much looking forward to living the future.

After the meeting, I did not know what happened to her but she sends an occasional email to the group saying she's fighting her pain but is glad that the group is there to lend support, even if only virtually. I chose to believe that this was post treatment pain; perhaps at the back of my mind, I'm trying to deny the obvious.

I found out later on that after her radiotherapy, she was found to be in recurrence. And within a month's time, her cancer have progressed from stage 2 to stage 4! Talk about agressive cancer!

I wanted to go to her wake, but I find that I can't muster enough energy to drive all the way to Greenmeadows. So I catnapped, and just prayed for her.

Go in peace, my friend, for you are now free of pain.

No comments: