Monday, May 09, 2005

Melting Moments

I took my usual weekend leave after each chemo cycle. Boy, summer's really here upon us! Saturday's the worst. It is said that the temperature then had reached a whopping high of 42 degrees Celsius. I think that's a record here. The airconditioning have a hard time trying to cool the room. No wonder - 42 degrees!

I am blessed that I am bald nowadays, but with the hot flushes, I still sweat a great deal. Olive's boyfriend wanted to tear his hair out because of the heat - that made me laugh. Made me realised that there's indeed a silver lining in the clouds.

I forgot to take my afternoon dose of Decilone (steroid drug that will keep you up) last Saturday. By the time I realised it, it was already 8PM. Uh-oh, does this mean I will be awake the whole night? So, I texted my oncologist and asked if I can still take the medication that late in the day. She said yes. I took the meds and sure enough, my reaction is the exact OPPOSITE of what's to be expected. In thirty to forty five minutes, I feel sleepy. Perhaps it's the heat, so hot that it's melting even me.

I got lucky, I went to sleep that night less than an hour after I took an upper. I think it only means one thing - the drug lords will have a hard time getting me hooked on the uppers! *LOL*

No comments: