Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Admission

After playing badminton, I never find it hard to fall asleep. But this particular night, on the eve of my operation, I could hardly sleep. I finally slept around 1 AM; and I kept waking up in the middle of the night. The next morning, I woke up at 6, took a bath and had my breakfast. Fasting for the operation will start by 7 o'clock, the operation is scheduled for 2 in the afternoon.

By 8 o'clock, Papa and I were on our way to the hospital to get admitted. Mama have to go to school (she's a teacher). So, I had my medical history taken, had chest x-ray, liver ultrasound and blood taken for CBC. I was weighed in, hmm, I lost 6 pounds! But Papa was glaring at me because of the numbers on the scale! If only it's my IQ! *LOL* Then I got my blood pressure taken too. Uh-oh, 130/90, a bit high. I said I'm a bit nervous.

When all the admitting procedures were done, the hospital staff ordered for an orderly to wheel me to my room. Now, my room is on the 3rd floor, and there's no elevator. So, I offered to go by myself to the room but the staff wouldn't hear of it. Hospital procedure! So, I sat on the wheelchair and got myself wheeled to my room. The ramp going up is perhaps at a 15 to 20 degree angle. Quiet steep. When we got there, I thought that the orderly's going to collapse! I quickly got out of the chair and apologized. *hehe, sorry!*

The nurse came in and had me changed into the hospital gown. I asked where the opening should be, the nurse said front. When I came out of the bathroom, she took a look at me and said: I said that the opening should be at the back! I laughed. And then I said to leave it be as my operation will be in front. Better and easier access. Then she put the IV line on me.

This is it!

No comments: