Wednesday, February 16, 2005

On Being Strong

Some of my colleagues talked to me the other day about my cancer. They were asking how I am coping with the chemotherapy and with cancer in general. So, I talked to them about it as honestly as I could.

Then one of them said that she admired me for being so strong, so positive, etc. I paused and think about what she said, and this is my reply:

With everyone rooting for me, cheering me on, encouraging me, being there for me; the least I could do is be strong and brave and fight this cancer head-on. I owe them that much for loving me. I do not have any right to give up, to feel depressed, to even wonder "why me?" As tired as I may be some times, I have to forge ahead and fight. This is my way saying thank you.

On my own, I am nothing. But with all the love and support behind me, I kick butt! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lova ka namin ate vange!!!!

teka... kaninong butt ang tatadyakan mo? =D

Nelson said...

yup, i applaud your strenght, and we're behind you with all the care bear love! *hugs*