Saturday, February 05, 2005

Wake Up! Wake Up!

I remembered waking up, or perhaps regaining conciousness some time later. How much time have passed, I don't know. All I know that I think the operation's done. Hallelujah! I tried to open my eyes but I can't. I tried to smile but I can't. I tried to say hello to the people in the room but I can't.

I dreamily heard the voices of my parents, my siblings, and some relatives. I wonder what they are doing? Then I heard them speaking in hushed voices that they're going home. I wanted to say goodnight and thank them for being there but I can't open my eyes! I also heard them arguing who will be staying with me for the night. I think my brother won that argument.

When I am finally able to open my eyes, the room was dimly lit, with just the light over my bed on. There's somebody beside me, fussing over me. When I looked up, who's she? Oh, it's the nurse who'll look after me for the night. Nerd came over to asked how I am. Then, I realized why I woke up. I was perspiring. It's hot! Please adjust the thermostat. Nerd laughed, for he and the nurse are shivering. But I feel hot! They finally relented and adjusted the thermostat. I asked for water, but they say I still can't have some. Bummer! I'm really thirsty. So I slept my frustration away.

No comments: