Saturday, February 05, 2005

That's The Way It Is

After I got discharged from the hospital, my parents were watching over me like hawks. I'm even kidding that they would put the PSG and the Vatican guards to shame. I guess it is just their way of dealing with the things. I think that's how parents are; they would do everything humanly possible to protect their kids. If only they could will away this illness, they will; and I love them for that. =)

After my drain's finally off, I asked permission to stay with my brother at Bukidnon. I want to give my parents some time off from worrying (as if I can achieve that!) and give them time to accept that things will eventually have to go back to the way it was - with me living in Manila.

On the way to Bukidnon, I saw that one common mode of transportation for people in this part of the country is the motorcycle. It is a common sight to see a whole family riding in one. Normal load is three passengers, with the driver almost sitting on the gasoline tank. Since the drivers are so used driving this way, I was amused to see for myself that they still sit that way up front even when they are riding the motorcycle all by their lonesome self! How I wish I had taken a picture of that! =)

No comments: