Thursday, February 03, 2005

Chernobyl

When the door of my hospital room closed after the nurse left. I started to tear up. Pa asked me why am I crying. I said I'm scared. I can't stop the tears from flowing. I managed to clam up when the anaesthesiologist came to my room to introduce himself. When he saw how stressed out I was, he prescribed a sedative.

I took the medication and fell asleep after a few minutes. I woke up when the nurse came into the room to get my blood pressure again. The moment I opened my eyes, I started crying again. After a few minutes, I fell right back to sleep again. I woke up around 2-ish, as if sensing that I'm about to be wheeled to the operating room.

And there goes the waterworks again. This time, I didn't fall asleep again after a few minutes. I was really crying my eyes out, no matter how hard I try to calm myself down, no matter how hard people around me tried to calm me down, I was still spilling tears like the Niagara. Ate Genie tried to divert my attention by talking to me. I would answer her between sobs and blowing my nose. But I can't still stop the waterworks. My blood pressure's still up, I am still crying. Though I was drifting off to sleep, I was still going on at it.

The last thing I remembered is the anaesthesiologist putting the mask over my face. I vaguely remembered holding the mask in place as it keeps on slipping off while the doctor is asking the nurse to give him something to hold the mask with. And then I went out like the light, grateful to slid in to blissful oblivion.

No comments: