Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm Too Sexy for My Hair

Thus goes a t-shirt print from this website that one of my friends directed me to. I loved that. Another print goes "I'm having a No Hair day". =) The site's really hilarious!

My hair has been falling off since Tuesday evening. By far, the heaviest fall out was last Thursday. That morning, I'd just shake my head, and hair will be falling off my head, by afternoon, they just keep falling off even if I stayed still. I woke up yesterday morning, feeling that half of my hair's fallen off. But when I checked how I look in the mirror, I still looked normal, albeit a more thinned out top; no trace of a plucked chicken look at all.

What's eating me more is the perception of being unhygienic. So, I bound my hair (what's left of it) into a cap yesterday and waited for some friends to fetch me and accompany me to Bruno's (a local chain of barbershop).

We finally made it to Bruno's around 2:30 pm. My friend have to repeat 3 times that I am going to have my head shaved! It's as if what he said is not at all an option! We finally managed to convince them that it is indeed I who wants to have all of my hair off.

Cap off, and the barber shaved away! Beneath my mask (I have to wear a mask whenever I go out), I was grinning like silly. Midway, I have to tell myself to stop grinning like a kid who got all the goodies during holloween. Then, the barber's done, leaving me with a buzzed head. I told him that I'm not happy with a buzzed head, for the remaining hair will still fall off, and I would still have the same problem. So, I asked the barber to shave the rest, all the way to the skin.

Now, I feel happier, more relaxed and a whole lot cleaner! So there goes the story of my hair. =) The end. The sequel will be out after 6 months, when my hair will start to grow back! Aaaahhh, life's such an adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ang sabi ng mga anthropologist, pag kaunti ang buhok mo... mas malapit ka sa pagiging tao kasi yung buhok eh indicator ng pagiging wild...

Teka.. sino ba ang balbon sa atin? mwehehehehe!!! (si mike quiambao?)