Monday, April 11, 2005

Birthday Blast

As much as possible, I like to celebrate my birthday quietly. Just go to a quiet place to while away the day and I'm happy. But this year, that was out of the question. A month prior to my birthday, things somehow snowballed and viola! I have a birthday party on my birthday, and will be celebrating together with a friend whose birthday falls on the day before mine. Never mind what I think, but it all gelled together.

Mom and Dad flew in last Saturday, bearing a whole lechon (roasted pig) for the small birthday dinner planned for that night. If only Ate Genie and Max could have also flown in, then the whole happy family picture would be complete!

We had a total guest list of 32 people, almost, if not half of them are my relatives *big grin*. It started out as a double birthday celebration but it quickly turned into a triple birthday celebration - my brother's, a friend's and mine. Food was great. We were shocked by the size of the food serving, as we didn't expect them to be that much. It could have easily fed 40 people.

After dinner, all the relatives went home. Left behind were all friends and we decided to go drinking. Not all came along but there were still 8 people from the party who went. Beer was nice after all those food. We all said that we couldn't eat another bite, but majority still were able to down the oysters that served as pulutan. I had a blast, downing 5 bottles (I think) of beer, rationalizing that I'm disinfecting my mouth sore with the alcohol (well, it did sting whenever I take a swig). Oysters, I really can't eat anymore.

The party broke up around 130 AM. It was a blast!

3 comments:

Promdi said...

Happy Birthday, Vanj.
Stay cool!
Jong

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

*grin*

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Vanj!!!