Monday, April 18, 2005

Girlfriends

Received an email this morning from one of my girlfriends who have stuck with me through everything since college. I couldn't be more excited!

We have gone our own separate ways. Leila's now based in Sydney and Gigi's based in Washington. Logistically, it's impossible for us to just pick up the phone and arrange for a shopping spree as we used to in college (even if we didn't have money then, we'd go on a window shopping spree *LOL*). So, when I got Gigi's email that she and Leila are arranging to come over later this year, I am ecstatic!

A shopping spree and a side trip to Boracay? What more could a girl ask for? What better excuse can I have than celebrating the end of my treatments in Boracay? I have never been there and have not have the chance to have a perfectly legit excuse to go there. Going on a holiday is sometimes not enough an excuse to just up and go. But now, I think I have "earned" the holiday. Timing is perfect, it will be off season by then. Hopefully, there won't be any storms to coincide with our schedule.

Can't wait for October! In the meantime, I'll be turning cartwheels, if I can manage to find my balance, if not, I'll just do it mentally. =)

No comments: