Monday, April 11, 2005

Might be the Shock of His Life

After I shaved my hair, I had pictures (cell phone and digicam) taken and send them to my brother so that they will know how I look like. I took it for granted that my brother showed the picture to Mama and Papa.

So, when we got back from the lunch party yesterday, I didn't think twice about removing my cap and wipe on the perspiration on my dome. When Papa turned around and saw me, he gave a shout. I think he got what might be the shock of his life! I was puzzled, so I asked Papa if Ahia showed them (my parents) my bald picture. Ahia did (or tried). But Papa refused to look at the picture. Somehow, not seeing me bald might have given Papa some comfort that I'm all right.

I silently imagined kicking myself for being so insensitive. I have thought that maybe my parents still haven't seen me bald (picture and otherwise) and that I should ask my brother about that first. Well, I forgot. And I accidentally shocked Papa half out of his wits! Tsk tsk. Wish I could have undone what I did.For compromise, I put on a bandana for the rest of the day.

I think Papa still can't get used to the fact that one of his (not so) little girls is bald. Poor Papa! :-(

No comments: