Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Torturing a Foodie

How does one torture somebody who loves to eat? Give them chemotherapy! (Not that I would wish this on anyone, just venting my food frustrations).

My buds are dead again, and it's going to take another ten days for them to resurrect. In the meantime, I have to rely on my imagination for taste. =)

My oncologist gave me a simple diet plan to follow: within the first week after chemo, raw food (fruits included) are allowed; from day 15 to 21, no raw food; then, there's also no grilled and oily food. Simple, right?

I thought so. Then, my buds died. I can eat anything I want (well, almost anyway) on the first 7 days after each cycle; but everything tastes bland, metallic. And then the buds resurrect; by then, I have to follow the no "raw" food guideline. *crying rivers of tears and tearing my hair out - ooppps, I forgot, I'm already bald*

Life sure is funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*crying rivers of tears and tearing my hair out - ooppps, I forgot, I'm already bald*

really, really funny!!! hahaha... =))