Thursday, April 28, 2005

Chinatown Trip

I finally got the ultrasound and the 2D-Echocardiogram done yesterday. I had it at the laboratory where I always have my lab works done (CBC, Liver workup, etc.) I was scheduled to have my 2D-Echo at 1PM, then my ultrasound after that. Olive also came along to have her ultrasound done too.

I left the office at 1130AM to pick up Olive (and Faith) at home before heading for Binondo (Chinatown). Since our schedule will start at 1PM, Olive and I made plans to have lunch first before going to the lab. Faith tagged along, for lunch and for moral support. We finally got to the laboratory at 115, after wolfing down a hurried lunch since we got caught in traffic.

I was glad I had my 2D-Echo and ultrasound done there. The technicians were really friendly and put us at ease. They were also very thorough with their work. So thorough that I have to go back there tomorrow morning to have my ultrasound done again. The technician wanted their affiliated doctor to redo my ultrasound, to rule out any mass that might be tumors right away. I think the thickness that my oncologist and I were able to palpate is just the surgical scar tissue that have thickened. But to be sure, I am getting that sonogram. Again, I wondered at my calmness. Other survivors I know will be freaking out, having sleepness nights worrying if it might be another tumor.

We were done after more than two hours of labwork. And then, we all went a-shopping - food shopping! Hehehe...we were getting treats left and right. After going to a bakery, a mini-mart and a food-mart, we decided that we have enough food with us and went home.

Tomorrow, I have to go back to have my ultrasound redone, I'm know that I'll be leaving the laboratory with good news (although there's a small voice nagging away at me to be prepared for the worst too). By Saturday, I should have my 2D-Echo results (the lab will be sending my tape to Philippine Heart Center today). Until then, I will not worry my elephant-do head any.

No comments: