Monday, April 18, 2005

Gone Just in Time

One of my apprehensions last week is that my mouthsore will not be healed enough for my 4th chemo cycle. Last Tuesday, it was still nasty, with no improvement in sight. Monitoring it on a daily basis, I sometimes convince myself that it is getting better. But last Tuesday, convinced me otherwise. Even then, I still took the anti-viral medicine my oncologist gave me, took the "magic mouthwash" and did the gargling thing even if it leaves me in tears.

Wednesday, I woke up and gingerly poked with my tongue at my sore. Hmmm, not much pain. And when I was able to brush my teeth without having to pry my cheek away from my face, I was happy! Finally! The sore's going! Yippe!

Thursday, just before the IV is stuck into me, the doctor checked my mouth and pronounced me well enough to have my chemo. Yes! I really don't want to postpone my chemo days (much as I am starting to dread them), for it will mean a longer treatment period for me, even if it's just a day or two.

Just counting my blessings.

No comments: