Monday, April 11, 2005

Bravest Of Them All

Last 1993, my Dad had his first heart bypass. Three years later, he had his second bypass. What he went through is no small feat, a lesser person might succumb to the trauma one gets from such major operations. Maybe not physically but definitely mentally and/or spiritually.

Today, Papa had angioplasty, two vessels. As of this writing, Papa is already out of surgery and is now recovering in ICU, eating his lunch of fish congee. I don't know if I can go through all those surgeries if I were in his place.

For me, Papa is the bravest of them all! I just wish I have half of his bravery to last me through this road I'm travelling on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i believe you are brave in your own right, too! if not, you would've just sat in silence in a corner and hoped that it would all go away... but here you are, smiling for all the world to see!!! and that is how it really should be... always smile... it makes you more gwapo! LOL