Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Of Crafts and Patience

I thought I have overcome my quick temper. Over the years, I have made it a point to be more patient and be less quick to rant and rave. But I guess, there will always be times when I can't control my temper. Tsk, tsk. Getting hot flushes from the chemotherapy is sure not helping, not when your head feels hot most of the time. (yeah, yeah, blame it on the drugs! *LOL*)

Yesterday, I was fuming mad at the office. Irritated by the people around me. It was just actually small things, but being bombarded from all sides (one after the other in rapid succession) with "problems" that can be easily handled by the concerned, I just blew my top. I have to distance myself from the people before I say something I regret. I don't like me when I'm angry! >:-(

This got me into thinking: what was it that I must do to be more patient?

I remembered the movie Anger Management. One of the therapy there is to sing the song "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story. This song is guaranteed to make you smile while you sing its lyrics! How can you not smile when you say you feel pretty?

Then also, there's the jigsaw puzzle. I took out a puzzle that I was doing but had put aside. This will surely do wonders on stretching my patience. And then there's cross stitching, crochet, and other things that I like to do. I will pick up on my craftworks again. Maybe then, I'll be more patient.

In the meantime, "I feel pretty...oh so pretty..."

Now, if only I can hit the right key... *grin*

No comments: