Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Good Morning

To be honest, I can't really relate to the "metallic" taste that chemo patients complain about. It all dawned on me last night, as we were having dinner at Sbarro's that what I am experiencing is not at all the "metallic" taste, but rather, WAXY taste!

I must have looked so miserable last night, trying to enjoy/taste my pasta, that Olive asked me what's wrong. Well, it's just my complaint of not being able to taste my food. I felt like I'm such a baby yesterday, whining and complaining. I was able to feel in every cell of my body that I'm a cancer patient - and wallowing in it, too! Bad Vanj!

This morning, I woke up and found a note from Olive taped on the bathroom mirror. She said she got me lunch and that it's inside the ref. Even without opening the ref, I easily broke into a grin and knew that Olive got me the salpicao I've been dreaming of for two days! *breaks into singing "I Feel Pretty" mentally*

Upon closer look of the note, I noticed that Olive also drew two heads, one beside "Dear Achi", and the other on the "O" of Olive. And then, I realized something - the head beside "Dear Achi" is bald and the "O" on Olive have a head full of hair! I almost choked on the toothpaste and have to stop brushing my teeth because I was laughing so hard! *LOL*

Thank you, sis, for making my day! *Mwah!*

No comments: